I’m not by any means a gamer, but I do enjoy a good throw down on Mortal Kombat. One of the recent editions features the ability to compete guest characters Jason Voorhees against Leatherface. You also have Predator and the Alien as playable characters among classics like Scorpion and Sub Zero.
The fatality’s are fierce and disgusting as is to be expected. Chainsaw dismemberment, decapitations, face eating, skinning, etc… As much as I like the ability to brutalize my friends and family with these horror classics, I’d love to see a game devoted to just horror icons dueling it out for the top spot in Hell. I know earlier Mortal Kombat games have Freddy Krueger too, but there is so much more that can be done!
Here is the Mortuary Magazine list of the additional competitors (Jason, Leatherface, Freddy, Predator, Alien are already covered):
1. Pinhead- hooks, chains, and Cenobite summoning
2. Ash- Chainsaw hand, Boom Stick, and the Necronomicon
3. Michael Myers- A butchers knife you can nail someone to the wall with
4. Frankenstein’s Monster- The brutal strength of 100 created men
5. Pennywise- Shape shifting terror
6. Beetlejuice- Sand worm summoning comedic wit
7. The Blob- Sub Zero’s freeze is about the only way to kill it, but there won’t be a Sub Zero
8. Chucky- Pint sized brutality
9. Godzilla- Because why not
10. Karen Cooper- Because the trowel wielding zombie faced child from Night of the Living Dead will make everyone hurt
11 and up- Classics like Nosferatu, Dracula, Wolf Man, Mummy, etc…
That’s the Mortuary Magazine short list. Who would you add? Stay brutal! (TM)